American Fork Canyon Outtings

It is definitely Fall here. The colors are changing and we are loving the pants weather! Here we on the Alpine Loop last week.
 With Aaron on leave for the day and the Fall colors ripe for viewing, we headed up American Fork Canyon for a little nature walk! We brought along 3 ninja turtles for protection against the bears!
 Fall is my favorite, along with these babes!
 We walked up a little trail at Granite Flat. Some of us put our shoes in the refreshingly cold stream, climbed on rocks, and jumping over the stream. The scenery is beautiful up there.
He loves his pockets!
 Next, we headed up the rocky road to Silver Lake. We were really high up and that road was crazy bumpy!!! I thought I could feed Crue on the way up, but I couldn't hold still in my seat enough to feed him, so he just rode in my lap enjoying the very bumpy ride! The boys needed a pee stop so we pulled off and they peed off the cliff. It was a little nerve racking.
The view of the backside of Mt. Timp
I didn't take out my camera at Silver Lake, but it was wonderful to be the only people around for miles. It was so peaceful, until the rain clouds and wind started rolling in. It was chilly! We even saw 3 young deer crossing the road and a few chipmunks and a hawk. The kids loved being outdoors! It reminded us of Yellowstone! Travis still remembers when "Daddy take me to Yayostone!" It was a great Family Home Evening!

Comments

Mimi Collett said…
Beautiful! It isn't quite that autumny here yet. It still gets up in the seventies, and it actually hit eighty a few days ago. I am looking forward to the leaves changing more drastically.

What a beautiful walk.

I love all your ninja turtles!!

Popular Posts