Parenthood

Lately, I've been grumpy and kinda mean. Being a parent can be hard, frustrating, tiresome. I feel like I ask my kids to do the same thing 5 times and threaten to take away a privilege before anyone listens. The endless messes and laundry folding and dishes. Figuring out something to make for dinner is a big stress for me! It is exhausting. 
But, there are a few things I tell myself or do to keep me going...
-"The best things in life aren't things."
-"It's a good thing I like my kids more than I like things."
-"Endure to the end."
-A prayer every morning and night asking for patience and how to specifically help each of my child.
-I look at my baby boy. I stare into his big blue eyes and at his perfectly shaped lips, his cute little dark mohawk. And I remember that these 4 little beings were sent to me from Heavenly Father to take care of. They are his precious children too, and so am I.
"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."

Comments

Popular Posts