It's Official! We Have a School Age Child in Da House!

Chantilly started Kindergarten! She started at a charter school and loved it! She got to wear uniforms! She loved carpooling with 2 of her friends in the neighborhood! She went there for a whole week! But, Aaron and I didn't feel good about sending her there. I just never had a peaceful feeling about it, more of a physical stomachache every time I went to the school. I had a hard time discerning between the "I'm not ready to send her to real school" feeling and the "this isn't right" feeling. I've come to better understand how the Holy Ghost talks to me at times. Sometimes it is a feeling, sometimes a random thought in my head. And at times I feel physically sick to my stomach when something does not feel right. Something did not feel good about it, when we initially took a tour, to back to school night and taking her on the first day. So, we went and checked out the newly built school around the corner from our house. I felt so much better about it. It just felt like the right place for her. Thankfully, Kindergarten there didn't start until yesterday. On Monday, we registered her, met her teacher, had her assessed and I picked up her supplies from the charter school. When I got in my car to drive away from the school, I felt an instant burden come off my shoulders. It was such a peaceful feeling. We feel good about our choice to send her to our local school and she started on the first day like everyone else! 
On the way to school to the charter school
 Morning snuggles before school
More uniforms! Aaron kept singing "Hit Me Baby One More Time!"
 Off to her new school and no uniform! She was excited about that and the fact that the Kindergarten has their own playground!
 The Fab Four! Cowabunga dude!
 We walked her to school and she was so ready to start!
 Tilly and our neighbor, Sage, are in the same class!
 Blowing us a kiss goodbye!
What will I do with all this testosterone while My Girl is out?

Comments

Popular Posts