"Night Night on the Train"

A last minute decision,we headed off to California for Christmas this year! Aaron would meet us there! I decided to take the train since it was cheaper than flying! Tom bought a seat and accompanied the kids and I. I bought a little room and we had a blast! We left at almost midnight and arrived the next evening around 8. The train is a form of transportation I had never thought of taking before!
Our room was significantly smaller than what I expected. It was two seats facing each other that slid together to make the bottom bed Maddox is standing on. The top bed folded down above our heads. But it was perfect for the 3 of us! Tom took a nap in the top bed and had to curl up to fit! The rooms are meant for women my size! Anyone bigger might be miserable! The best part about buying a room was that all our meals were free!
We were delayed four hours because it looked like this a lot of the ride! If you look closely, you can see Donner Lake amidst the snow! The Sierras were beautiful, even through the blizzard!
Chantilly watched her baby Jesus movie like 5 times, in addition to a few others! They loved looking out the window, even at 4 in the morning!
The best part was having a newly potty trained 2 yr old, running to the potty every five seconds to a bathroom that gets dirtier and dirtier every hour with dimensions that are like 1 ft by ft, holding my one yr old while holding the 2 yr old on the potty as the room is shaking, running out of wipes half way through Nevada, Maddox and Tilly going through every outfit I brought, poop on each outfit! They looked like this picture above by the end of the trip! I did my best getting the crap off their clothes! Yes, they had to wear the least poopiest outfit to get off the train! It was great and I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Every time Tilly sees a train, she always says, "Night night on the train," because she remembers when we went night night on the train!

Comments

Popular Posts