MOM

Mom. That's my name. Don't wear it out. Growing up, kids were not on my list. I didn't think I could do it well, so why even try? Well, am I so glad I did try. I guess being a mom is my calling in life. Because I love it. It is the hardest thing I have ever done. It leaves me wasted at the end of the day, emotionally and physically. It leaves me sad and angry sometimes. But it is beautiful and makes me the happiest I have ever been. It completes me. It is an amazing thing to see your kid read their first word or take their first step. It is amazing to see your child make a mistake and go over and apologize for that dumb mistake. It is amazing to see your big kids take care of their siblings and love them almost as much as you do. It is amazing to see your kid overcome something that has been a beast for them and see their confidence grow just a little bit more when they realize it too. I love these people so hard it hurts. It amazes me that God has trusted Aaron and I enough to send of these 6 people. I am so blessed and so grateful He did and does. We may not be perfect parents, but we sure as heck try. And that's all He asks. Try. Try a little harder every day. Keep it up. 
"You are doing better than you think you are."
- Jeffrey R. Holland

Comments

Popular Posts