Griffin Mack Poulton

We welcomed our 6th child and 5th boy on Sunday November 26 at 7:45pm named Griffin Mack Poulton. He is a content little sweetheart and we love love love him so much! 

It was a quick ending to the labor! After having painful contractions for hours Saturday night, I was for sure he would be making his appearance Sunday morning. So I got up,  packed my bag and the kids' bags, did laundry, the dishes, cleaned up and laid in bed having contractions. Then I woke up in the morning and they had stopped! What? Nor real labor? Not yet! So we decided to head to church at 11am and still teach our Sunbeam class. I started having the painful contractions again around noon during church, gradually getting closer throughout the afternoon. We went to the Seamon's for dinner at 4:30pm and the contractions were around 8 minutes apart. We had fun with them, chatted and nibbled a little during contractions. They even made our baby a birthday cake. That's the last picture of my pregnancy with him. We decided to leave around 6 to drop off our kids to the inlaws. By now, I was sure he was coming tonight! I had really painful contractions like 5 minutes apart on our way to Marvin and Gay Nell's house. We got there, I called my doctor, and said goodbye to our 5 babes and left for the hospital around 6:50 pm. We sat in the car for a little while because I didn't want to go in just yet. Who wants to labor in the hospital longer than they have to? Not I! Aaron gave me a blessing in the car and I had some more painful contractions like 4 minutes apart. We checked in to labor and delivery at like 7:25. We're in the triage room and they checked me and I was dilated to 7.5 cm, still having some seriously painful contractions still a few min apart. Then, all of a sudden at 7:43ish, I felt like I needed to take a dump/push. All I wanted to do was sit on the toilet, so I told the nurse I'm going even though she didn't want me to. I sat on the toilet and my water exploded into the toilet and I just started having a contraction and pushing! "We're having a baby in here!" The nurse yells! Aaron and the nurse, Lindsay from Beaver, UT, quickly take me back to the bed because his head is coming out! I laid down, his head was out and I pushed one hard push to get his shoulders out and he's was out!! A doctor on the Labor and Delivery floor walked in just seconds after and then my doctor walks in 1 minute later. SO Crazy how fast those last 2 minutes were! I'm so thankful it went so well and so fast because that hurt! And we love our baby Griffin! He was 7 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long and so adorable.  The 6 extra days were definitely worth the wait for you, little boy! We love you so much! Aaron and I thought we had decided on a different name, but when we came up with Griffin Mack, we knew that was your name. Mack is your great grandpa Fullmer's name that everyone knew him by. I've heard stories of him being larger than life! We know you will do great things,  Griffy! We are especially thankful for everyone who helped with our 5 other babes, aka Grandpa and Grandpa! We enjoyed a nice visit with Grandma Poulton and our kids and another visit with Aunt Ashliegh and baby Briggs! They were supposed to only be 6 weeks apart, but ended up being 8!

Comments

Popular Posts