General Conference

These past 2 days of General Conference have been wonderful. As a kid, I didn't find joy in listening to it. We listened to "old men" talk on the radio for hours on Sunday twice a year, if we didn't have a soccer game that day. We were made to sit there and be quiet and not do anything else. Thankfully, as an adult, I have come to love it and look forward to these 2 weekends each year. I knew that my kids might soon come to love it too if traditions were made during these special weekends. So, we have made a few little traditions. We do donuts for breakfast. They need to put a Krispy Kreme closer. Maybe, not actually, or else I'd be there every weekend. During the Saturday sessions, we put our lego table in front of the TV so we can watch and listen to the speakers. Then, we build. It keeps their hands busy while ears are open.
This year, we worked on a temple and lots of other things!
For priesthood session, we came to the grandparents, we listened and did banans splits afterward.
On Sunday, if the grandparents are around, we head to their house for a potluck brunch and listen/watch for upliftment. Someone always makes yummy cinnamon rolls. We do linner between sessions and games after. I whipped out some of their puzzles for the kids and our conference bingo sheets. Maddox loves puzzles! I feel the need to keep my kids extra quiet because of all the adults around and we're the only ones with little kids. Travis and I did scrabble, making words. He has become a little reader! It's incredible! Aaron and Crue took a nap during the second Sunday session. That's kind of a tradition. 
This little guy jumped while I did some cleanup.
There were some amazing talks from amazing men and women of God. I am grateful that we can listen to them later, since it harder to listen with little kids. I love these weekends and can't wait until April. Tilly will be 8 and watching women's conference with me!

Comments

Popular Posts