Trip to California

Last week, we went to California!!! It was my first time flying with the two babies! Aaron had to work, so it was just me and the babies! They did so well! The hardest part was actually getting to the plane! I had a baby strapped to my chest, the other in my left arm and the diaper bag in the right and was dragging two bags. Easy, if I was an octopus! But, I'm not! My arms were sore for a few days! Luckily, there are nice people traveling through SLC too, who helped me with my bags! We made our plane with no time to spare and the babies did great! To start off the week, we went to Ardenwood Farms with Oma, Auntie Jessie and cousin Max to look at the farm animals.
The first animal we saw was the coolest: a peacock. It was beautiful!
Then, we saw chickens and turkeys, birds, sheep, lambs, and stinky goats. Did you know goats have rectangular pupils? They do!
After Ardenwood Farm, we headed up to Kim's house. On Friday, Kim received her endowments and we were able to share that special day with her! The next day was cousin Rylee's Princess and the Frog birthday party. We helped decorate cupcake frogs and watched Kim frost the Tiana cake with her hands! Tiana the Barbie was a little tall for the cake, so Jon amputated her barbie legs so she would fit perfectly in the middle. The cake turned out very cool!
Rylee's party was so fun. For one of the games, they threw several bags of Hershey Kisses on the floor and the kids had to kiss paper frogs with them. Tilly immediately scooped up a handful and started unwrapping them and popping them in her mouth. She had eaten five in a matter of 3 minutes. She must be my daughter if she loves candy already! She was on a sugar high the first hour of the party, then...
...crash! Time for "Nigh nigh" in Rylee's bed with Ariel!Later in the week, we went to the Happy Hollow Park and Zoo in San Jose! It was so much fun! Tilly and Max had a blast! To start it off, they rode on the carousel! Both were begging with tears to let them off! Tilly was doing a back bend off the horse to get off the ride! Good thing she was strapped in!
Then, they went on this fun car ride! They loved getting in the cars and turning the steering wheels! As soon as Jessica was out of sight, Max had a little melt down. Then, the ride started going and Tilly joined him! They were the only two kids crying on the ride! We about died laughing! California was a blast and going on the airplane with two babies by myself was a piece of cake! We would do it again in a heartbeat to be back in California with family!

Comments

Chasing Izzy said…
Aaron, it was so good to run into you the other day.
Your wife is beautiful & your babies are adorable! I love their names- I'm a sucker for baby names. Brittany must have her hands full!
I need your address to invite you guys to my blog (it's private), so email me at chasingizzy2@yahoo.com . Love your blog! (though I'm guessing your wife gets the credit for that one) :)
The Skoobs said…
Max face looks so funny...what a silly boy...and I love Chantillys back-bend......It looks like no one is spotting her AHAHAHAH!!!!!

Popular Posts