Forrest William Poulton

    Forrest William Poulton was born on Thursday August 20, 2020 at 1:43 am at American Fork Hospital. He weighed 7 lbs 3 oz. Wednesday started out like any other day hot summer day. Oma came into town a few days earlier, so we were hanging out and doing home projects. We painted the younger boys room white and headed to the Vineyard splash pad. I felt contractions off and on all day, they were getting more suspicious at the splash pad. That evening I was getting more suspicious as they were starting to feel more real. So about 10 pm, I texted Ashliegh saying I may be calling in the middle of the night to come watch my kids because labor might be happening as we speak. I tried to sleep, but I could not shake these more painful contractions. I figured maybe I should pack a bag just in case this really was legit and POP! there goes my water. I didn't want to go to the hospital yet because laboring at the hospital is so uncomfortable and you feel so out of control once you get there, but Oma said "let's go!" And man did those contractions get bad fast. I said goodbye to Tilly, telling her that baby was coming and Ashliegh would soon be there and off we drove, no time for pit stops. I got to the triage room and was not taken too seriously by nurses as usual. We got there about 1:20 am and Forrest William was born at 1:43 am. Dr. Allen barely made it to his delivery! It was quick and painless (haha, just kidding, it hurt like a mother). I am so grateful Oma was with me every step of the way. He was absolutely perfect.
     I questioned for months why Heavenly Father would send us a baby at this time. Aaron was in Maryland for 8 of the 9 months of my pregnancy and I would be a single mom for 4 months after. Covid happened and that was madness. I thought the last thing we needed was a 7th child right now. But boy was I wrong and Heavenly Father knew exactly what He was doing, as usual. I needed this baby. We needed Forrest. He has been with me, comforting me, being by my side every step of the way since he came into this world. He is such a gift and I cannot put into words the impact his presence has made in our lives, how thankful I am to have him as my son, and a loving Heavenly Father who knows each of us so personally and sees the eternal perspective more widely than I can. Each of my babes is a gift and I love them each so personally.

Comments

Popular Posts