Rex, our 4th Son is here!

Rex Klein Poulton was born Sunday May 15, 2016 at 7:15am. He weighed 5 lbs 10 oz and was 18 in. long. He made his appearance 6 days shy of his due date, which was a huge surprise to us! With Travis being 4 days late and Crue 6 days late, we were shocked! He is itty bitty, but absolutely adorable! I love how every time we get a new baby added to our family, it just feels that they were always meant to be here with us. We love him so much and are so blessed and grateful that he is healthy and happy. 
I was having contractions more often the day before and they felt a little more intense, but just figured they were Braxton Hicks. At 1:30am, I woke up having contractions that were a little painful. I wasn't sure if this was labor or not. I tried to sleep, but every now and then I'd have a contraction that did not feel good. I woke up again at 3:30 and each contraction I had, like every 15 minutes, was starting to hurt now. I told Aaron that we may be having this kid this morning, so he called his sisters. One answered and said she'd be available to come in the morning if needed. I was pretty unprepared to have the kid that day, so we hauled out the newborn clothes and put them into the washing machine. I decided I should probably pack a bag in case it was the real deal. I showered, then sat in the bath a while. Aaron kept asking if we should go to the hospital yet. I kept saying no. I didn't want to have to labor there longer than I had to. Around 6am, contractions were under 5 minutes apart and very painful. I told him to call Ashliegh to come. He called her and the contractions were like 3 minutes apart and extremely painful. We didn't wait for her to get there. We left and passed her a little down the road. We stopped to get Aaron some McDonald's breakfast because he had to have it! j/k I thought we'd have an extra few minutes to do it. We got to the hospital around 6:30am. Contractions were pretty close and hurting bad. They checked me and I was dilated to about an 8. They called the doctor to come. They had to quickly take me to a delivery room. I tested positive for Group B strep, so they had to rush and give me a dose of antibiotics. I felt like I really needed to sit on the toilet and go to the bathroom. It feels like this baby is going to come asap. It felt exactly the same as when Crue came out: contraction and he was out! I get on the bed and the doctor walks in. He looks like he just woke up. He broke my water. There was meconium (baby's first poop). They quickly got the respiratory team in. By that point, There were like 8 people in the room "You can push if you want." I can't help it. I have a contraction and he starts to come out, partially in the sac that still had some fluid in it. One more push and he was out at 7:15am. They whisked him over to the respiratory people and made sure he was OK and they brought him over to us. He was soooooo tiny and at only 6 days early! I was so happy to be done and to have him out, healthy!!!
The name Klein:My grandma, Baba, her maiden name was Klein, which means 'little' in German.. She married my grandpa, whose last name is Little. They had my mom and she married my dad, whose last name was also Little (unrelated to each other). Then, they had me, a Little. His name will help the Littles live on.
In the recovery room
It took us a few hours to decide on a name.
 Lots of hair!
 His first bath
We have 5 kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love
Family of 7
Dr. Young delivered Rex.
Heading home!
If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts