Homeschooling


Yes. It is true. We are homeschooling our children.  Here's a little poem since I like writing poems...

More

More dishes are run through the dishwasher each day.
More laundry is piled up to hurdle in the hallway.
More time we have to play, discover and explore.
More scraps of paper litter the floor.
More coloring books to color and more books are read.
More lids are left off markers, I dread.
More floors with a thin layer of sand felt under our feet. 
More pajamas are worn and bedhead is getting quite neat. 
More kindness is present in the morning with scriptures read.
More songs in evenings with no rush to bed.
More lessons are learned with legos and snails.
More successes and probably even more fails.
More loves stay with me all the day long.
More time to find the beat of our song.

This will be quite the adventure with highs and lows and a lot of trial and error. I am excited and terrified. But, I know it is right for my family right now. I will never regret spending more time with them, ever. These are precious years. It has taken almost 3 years to come to this point. I know we were led to buy the home we are currently in and led to meet certain people along the way that have resulted in this decision to school at home. Heavenly Father has placed amazing people in our life and I'm sure many more await for us to meet. Buying our house was a leap of faith. Job changes have been leaps of faith. Having babies have been leaps of faith. Life has been so many leaps of faith. This is another huge leap of faith for us. I know that we can do this, with Heavenly Father by our side. Who knows how long we may feel the need to homeschool. It may be for one year or a few, or the whole way! We don't know! But, I am certain that my kids will teach me a whole heck of a lot more than I will ever teach them. This is one of the best ways to learn patience and love. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts