Happy 30th Birthday, Aaron!

 For Aaron's birthday, I told him I would go golfing with him. He has been begging me to go real golfing for a while and this was my gift to him! It was my first time not mini golfing so it was different, but fun! Grandpa and his BFF Zach came too!
 
This is the first hole, way down there. Hitting off a cliff for your first ever hole was a bit intimidating!
 For Aaron's actual big day, we headed to Las Vegas, just the 2 of us, to celebrate his big 30! Before we left the kids, we sang to Daddy and put some candles into a donut for him!
 We dropped the kids off with his sisters for the weekend and made the 6 hour drive to Vegas!
 We stayed in the big black pyramid on the strip, The Luxor!
 We were on the 22nd floor and it was nauseating looking down over the railing.
 A look from 22 stories up!
 View from our window, looking at the Excalibur!
 Our room was really nice, King size bed and all!
 Of course, we went golfing! We went to Nellis AFB and golfed 9 holes! I made par on the 8th hole! Not bad for my 2nd time golfing.
It was cool to see all the wildlife on the course, coyote, jackrabbits.
We had a blast in Vegas! Everyone kept asking what we were going to do since we don't drink, gamble, or go to stripclubs! We wet to the outlets, walked the strip, ate a surprisingly delicious b-day dinner at Outback on the strip, golfed, more outlets, Luxor pool, speedwalked the strip to the dinner buffet at The Mirage which was sooooooooo yummy, slowly walked the strip back to our hotel, saw the Bellagio fountains, went to a Vegas show, the Jabbawockees, and ate an average tasting breakfast buffet at the Luxor. It was a busy weekend with fun things and we would definitely do another getaway there! The best part was getting time to spend with just us 2! I love my 30 year old. He is the best person in the world and the funnest person to roadtrip with! Only 1.5 months until our bigger getaway, HAWAII! Our honeymoon at last!

Comments

Hope said…
Oh I want to go to Hawaii with you!!!
Mimi Collett said…
I can't even imagine a weekend away like that! It sounds wonderful. And Hawaii! I can't wait to hear about it. :)

Popular Posts