Travis Robert

Welcome Travis Robert, born Sunday July 1 at 4:42pm, weighing 7 lbs 1 oz, 20.5 in long!
So, the birth....This time around, I was going to try a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC). Chantilly and Maddox were both c-sections, and I wanted to try a VBAC, hoping for a shorter recovery and no major surgery! I started contracting when I woke up in the morning. At 7am, my contractions were 10 minutes apart. So, I got ready for church with the kids, had breakfast...
...watched Chantilly and Maddox help Grandma make the American flag strawberry shortcake for dessert! Yum! At around 10am, my contractions were probably 8 minutes apart. So, we went to church at 11. Suddenly, they are 3 minutes apart. I barely made it through the sacrament portion of the meeting! We left our kids with Aaron's parents after the sacrament, went home to get some things, and drove to the hospital in Orem! We got there at 12:15pm. They checked my cervix and I was dilated to 4cm at about 12:45pm. They were debating on whether to send me home thinking it was too early, but my doctor said I was progressing, so I stayed! My doula, Lorna, came and helped me through my contractions and to focus on relaxing! She was awesome! Aaron was a big help chatting me through contractions, trying to take my mind off the pain! At 2ish, my cervix was at 6cm and progressing well! I think around 3:45pm I was at 7cm with super intense contractions! Man, did they hurt! At 4:15pm, I couldn't help pushing through my contractions! So, they checked me and my cervix was a 10! Time to push! They brought in my doctor and I started pushing! He broke my water and I pushed through 4ish contractions for like 15 minutes, screaming bloody murder, and the head came out and out slithered the rest of our son at 4:42pm! This is my recollection of the birth, it was quite an experience!
Wiping off the gunk!
The Aaron, Tilly and Maddox pout!
7 lbs, 1.4 oz! He is huge compared to Tilly and Maddox!
Travis and Dr. Parker! Travis was his 7,513th birth! I loved this doctor! So calm, and not pushy at all!
Two happy parents! The birth could not have gone any smoother!
I love that sweet face!
Lorna, my doula, Travis and Brittany! She was awesome!
Chimpanzee toes! His big toe looks like a thumb!
So, the Teetsie onsie! Our kids love Madagascar 2, and there is a lion named Tsetse in the movie! So, they have been calling the baby in my tummy teetsie for months! Alicia made the cute onesie!
First family photo! Tilly and Maddox were so excited to meet him and they were both so soft when holding him! We are all in love with this little boy!
Travis! It took us a while to finally decide on your name, but we love it!
So alert and so strong! He can hold his head up so well so far!
Travis and Daddy!
He is a sucker, just like his big sister! Pacifiers, here we come! They are so comforting!
Taking a turn breastfeeding, j/k! Travis was having a hard time maintaining his temperature without the heat warmer, so skin to skin contact is a must! Daddy got a turn to warm this boy up! He has great body heat, and warmed him right up!
Aaron's chest hair, not mine! Travis, we are so happy you are here! We can't wait to watch you grow! We love you, baby boy!

Comments

He is adorable! And you look like a model in these pictures (you always do, but after giving birth...seriously?!) :) I wish I looked that good after I had Lincoln. Congratulations to your beautiful family!
Brooke said…
How are you so gorgeous hours before and just after giving birth? Holy Moley. He is so so cute and I love the name. What an awesome birth story. It sounds like thins couldn't have gone better for you. Way to go! I can't wait to meet little Travis and hear how the first few weeks with 3 (!!!!) kids have gone. How exciting for your family! I love it!
MAEH said…
Congrats!! So awesome that you were able to do a VBAC! Way to go girl! Travis is a cutie pie! I hope you're continuing to do great!
Mimi Collett said…
A year late, but congratulations! I am so happy that you got to have VBAC like you wanted! Aren't doulas amazing? Thanks for sharing your birth story!

Popular Posts