Maddox James Poulton

Baby Maddox James Poulton was born by c-section Friday December 4 at 8:59am in Orem, Utah. He weighs 5 lbs 6 oz and is 19 inches. He is the cutest thing you ever did see!

He initially was having trouble breathing on his own. He came about 3 weeks early and his lungs are little underdeveloped. They put his on a CPAP machine to help him breathe and used medicine to lubricate his lungs to try and open them up. He was not improving, so they life flighted him to the major hospital nearby because they are a level 3 NICU to give him the best care he would need. They put him on a respirator that gives little puffs of air into his lungs trying to vibrate his lungs open. I called the hospital to check up on him and they had taken him off the respirator, and did good enough on the CPAP machine, so they took him off to see how he breathed on his own. He is now doing well at breathing pretty much on his own, only using supplemental oxygen.
I miss him so much, but I did get to hold him once for a few minutes before he was transported. Aaron has been coming back and forth between hospitals to see Maddox and I, being a great support to both of us. We can't wait until we can take him home and for him to meet his big sister, Chantilly.

Comments

Brooke said…
First, I love the name Maddox James. So cute. Second, I am so relieved to hear he is improving! And third, You guys make the cutest family of four I have ever seen! :)
The Skoobs said…
I can't wait to meet him. I think we have another clone of Aaron?
John and Erin said…
Congratulations you guys!!! He is adorable!!! And I LOVE his name!
Morgan said…
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope he can go home soon so you can hold that adorable baby! Also, Chantilly is so cute! It looks like she had a great 1st birthday! I can't believe she is already one!!! Crazy how fast time goes by!
Mimi Collett said…
You are all in our prayers!! And congratulations on your cute new baby. :) I hope I get to meet him some day!

Popular Posts